Welcome to Mahatma Gandhi University which has produced number of Apex positions at the global and National Level in various Departments from SC/ST Communities because of efforts of Dr.B.R. Ambedkar in the form of constitutional rights enshrined in Indian constitution.
The Primary Duty of Chairperson is ensure the effective implementation of rule of reservation, roster system in teaching and non teaching employees and UG/PG Student Admissions of various courses in the University. It is also The moral duty of the Chairperson to look after the hostels , Scholarships, fellowships, Bookfacilities for the Students.
I hope With the help of Hon'ble Vice Chancellor and Registrar I will do the Juistice for the SC/ST Communities in Mahatma Gandhi University.
Brief History of the Office:
The SC/ST Cell was established in the year 2014 for the effective Implementation of rule of reservation as per the relavent guidelines in the case of students admissions, and in the recruitment Of Teaching, and Non-Teaching staff.
- Effective implementation of the reservation rules to the SC/ST candidates in appointments to the various teaching and Non- Teaching posts in the university services adhering to the system followed by the Government.
- To keep a close watch on the effective implementation of reservation rules of admission to various Courses (P.G. Courses and U.G. Courses) of the University by all the colleges.
- To see that all the directions given by the Government, Central, State and U.G.C in their circulars issued from time to time in respect of reservation are strictly followed.
- To see that possible necessary facilities like Hostel, Scholarships, Research fellowships, Book facilities etc. Provided by the central and State Government, to reach the SC/ST candidates.
- The SC/ST cell also collects the statistical data from the campus constituent and affiliated colleges With regard to admission of SC/ST candidates to various courses under the jurisdictions of the University and furnishes the same to the UGC New Delhi and other organizations, regularly it also takes care to see that all directions given by the Government (Central and States and UGC) in their circulars issued from time to time in respect of reservations at scrupulously followed by the colleges.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in universities, Constituent and Affiliated Colleges and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programme of the Government of India.
- Skill Development Programmes.
- Coaching for various competitive Exams.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
- Dr. B.R.Ambedker Memorial Lectures.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedker's Birth Anniversary.
- Dr.Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial Lectures.
- Dr.Babu Jagjivan Ram Birth Anniversary.
- Shri Shri Shri Santh Sevalal Maharaj Birth Anniversary.
- Celebration of World Adivasi Day.
- Gurram Jasuva Memorial Lectures.
- "Conducting Swachcha Bharat" programmees.
- Cultural Activities.
- Health Camps.